Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Mon December 10, 2012
"Buying the Farm" by Tom Fels
Longtime North Bennington resident, museum curator and author Tom Fels is back telling farm stories, specifically about the Montague Farm. His new book is Buying The Farm: Peace and War on a Sixties Commune.
Fels is following up on the success of his book Farm Friends in which he told the story of the many of personalities of Montague Farm, a commune in western Massachusetts where he spent four years, from 1969 to 1973. His latest offering is a comprehensive history of that same cooperative from its inception to the present day.
Tom Fels will be talking about and signing his book at Water Street Books in Williamstown, MA on Thursday at 6pm and at The Northshire Book Store in Manchester Center, VT on Friday at 7pm.