Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Fri February 6, 2004
Can Both Sides of Gay Marriage Be Reconciled?
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts House Speaker Tom Finneran said yesterday he will try and find a way to prevent gay marriages from taking place in May. Under a ruling from the state's highest court, that's when the gay marriage can first take place. Democrats huddled over the issue yesterday but didn't emerge with any consensus on how to move forward. Both parties responses reveal the deep divide surrounding gay marriage. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.