Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Fri February 6, 2004
Can Both Sides of Gay Marriage Be Reconciled?
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts House Speaker Tom Finneran said yesterday he will try and find a way to prevent gay marriages from taking place in May. Under a ruling from the state's highest court, that's when the gay marriage can first take place. Democrats huddled over the issue yesterday but didn't emerge with any consensus on how to move forward. Both parties responses reveal the deep divide surrounding gay marriage. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.