Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
WAMC New York News
Fri February 6, 2004
Can Both Sides of Gay Marriage Be Reconciled?
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts House Speaker Tom Finneran said yesterday he will try and find a way to prevent gay marriages from taking place in May. Under a ruling from the state's highest court, that's when the gay marriage can first take place. Democrats huddled over the issue yesterday but didn't emerge with any consensus on how to move forward. Both parties responses reveal the deep divide surrounding gay marriage. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.