Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri February 6, 2004
Can Both Sides of Gay Marriage Be Reconciled?
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts House Speaker Tom Finneran said yesterday he will try and find a way to prevent gay marriages from taking place in May. Under a ruling from the state's highest court, that's when the gay marriage can first take place. Democrats huddled over the issue yesterday but didn't emerge with any consensus on how to move forward. Both parties responses reveal the deep divide surrounding gay marriage. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.