Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri February 6, 2004
Can Both Sides of Gay Marriage Be Reconciled?
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts House Speaker Tom Finneran said yesterday he will try and find a way to prevent gay marriages from taking place in May. Under a ruling from the state's highest court, that's when the gay marriage can first take place. Democrats huddled over the issue yesterday but didn't emerge with any consensus on how to move forward. Both parties responses reveal the deep divide surrounding gay marriage. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.