Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu May 8, 2003
Canada Pot Proposal Threatens Trade
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Canada's Parliament is working a measure that would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana. The Bush administration doesn't like the idea and is hinting that the two country's trade relationship could be compromised if Canada moves forward with the measure.
Critics of the administration are pointing out that any trade repercussions would also be felt in the US, especially in New York, where two of the busiest border crossings are located. More from Pat Bradley.