Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
WAMC New York News
Thu May 8, 2003
Canada Pot Proposal Threatens Trade
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – Canada's Parliament is working a measure that would decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana. The Bush administration doesn't like the idea and is hinting that the two country's trade relationship could be compromised if Canada moves forward with the measure.
Critics of the administration are pointing out that any trade repercussions would also be felt in the US, especially in New York, where two of the busiest border crossings are located. More from Pat Bradley.