Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon November 22, 2004
Canadian Cross-Border Traffic Increasing
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The U-S dollar hit a 12-year low last week and is now at 84 U-S cents against the Canadian dollar. As the dollar has been on its downtrend, Canadians have increased their trips to the US to shop. That has meant retailers near the Canadian border are seeing a bit more green in their cash registers. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.