Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon November 22, 2004
Canadian Cross-Border Traffic Increasing
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The U-S dollar hit a 12-year low last week and is now at 84 U-S cents against the Canadian dollar. As the dollar has been on its downtrend, Canadians have increased their trips to the US to shop. That has meant retailers near the Canadian border are seeing a bit more green in their cash registers. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.