Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Thu February 9, 2006
Cancer deaths on the decline
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The American Cancer Society says the number of cancer deaths in the United States is showing a history-making decline for the first time in 70 years. The organization predicts 565,000 cancer deaths in the country this year--a number anti-smoking and cancer prevention awareness campaigns are helping to lower. In New York's Capital Region those campaigns are going strong, with signs of getting stronger.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.