Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu February 9, 2006
Cancer deaths on the decline
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The American Cancer Society says the number of cancer deaths in the United States is showing a history-making decline for the first time in 70 years. The organization predicts 565,000 cancer deaths in the country this year--a number anti-smoking and cancer prevention awareness campaigns are helping to lower. In New York's Capital Region those campaigns are going strong, with signs of getting stronger.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.