Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu February 9, 2006
Cancer deaths on the decline
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The American Cancer Society says the number of cancer deaths in the United States is showing a history-making decline for the first time in 70 years. The organization predicts 565,000 cancer deaths in the country this year--a number anti-smoking and cancer prevention awareness campaigns are helping to lower. In New York's Capital Region those campaigns are going strong, with signs of getting stronger.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.