Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Thu February 9, 2006
Cancer deaths on the decline
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, NY – The American Cancer Society says the number of cancer deaths in the United States is showing a history-making decline for the first time in 70 years. The organization predicts 565,000 cancer deaths in the country this year--a number anti-smoking and cancer prevention awareness campaigns are helping to lower. In New York's Capital Region those campaigns are going strong, with signs of getting stronger.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.