Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Fri October 12, 2012
Candidate Files Injunction Against Vermont Media Outlets
An independent candidate for Vermont Governor is seeking an emergency injunction to allow her participation in debates.
Claiming potential manipulation of elections, Independent candidate Emily Peyton served the CBS and NBC television affiliates and Vermont’s largest newspaper Friday notifying them she is seeking an injunction to force them to allow her to participate in scheduled gubernatorial debates.
WCAX, WPTZ and the Burlington Free Press have only scheduled the Republican and Democratic candidates.
Peyton says the validity of the election would be in question if she is blocked from the debates, because the public would be unable to make a fully informed decision.