Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Fri October 12, 2012
Candidate Files Injunction Against Vermont Media Outlets
An independent candidate for Vermont Governor is seeking an emergency injunction to allow her participation in debates.
Claiming potential manipulation of elections, Independent candidate Emily Peyton served the CBS and NBC television affiliates and Vermont’s largest newspaper Friday notifying them she is seeking an injunction to force them to allow her to participate in scheduled gubernatorial debates.
WCAX, WPTZ and the Burlington Free Press have only scheduled the Republican and Democratic candidates.
Peyton says the validity of the election would be in question if she is blocked from the debates, because the public would be unable to make a fully informed decision.