Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Capital Region News
Tue February 26, 2013
Capital Region TV Merger In The Works
More changes may be in store for Capital Region Television viewers.
Two local broadcast outlets will soon be under the same roof, pending FCC approval. NewsChannel 13 and MY4 Albany will come together under terms of a "definitive agreement" between WNYT and Venture Technologies Group. WNYT will acquire the broadcast assets of WNYA as well as provide sales services to My4. Officials at WNYT say the deal does NOT include UHF Channel 15, which Venture Technologies plans to "re-purpose". In recent months two other Albany are stations, WTEN and WXXA, joined forces under a shared services and a joint sales agreement between Young Broadcasting of Albany and Shield Media LLC. The combination resulted in six employees being let go and a merger of the two stations' news departments.