Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Tue October 22, 2013
Capitanio Indicted, Pleads Not Guilty
Pittsfield, Massachusetts City Councilor Paul Capitanio has been indicted on drug conspiracy and accessory charges for allegedly buying illegal prescription drugs and tipping off a dealer about an August drug bust.
Capitanio's attorney told The Berkshire Eagle Monday his client, who represents the city's Ward 3, continues to deny the allegations against him, including those that he is an oxycodone addict.
According to Massachusetts State Police, the 57 year-old Capitanio was buying pills from an unnamed dealer when he gave him information on an upcoming raid.
Police say the dealer was caught on tape during a Berkshire County Drug Task Force wiretap investigation telling the kingpin of the drug organization, that a "councilman friend" had tipped him off about upcoming drug raids. The dealer allegedly later told police he was referring to Capitanio.