Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Sat April 8, 2006
Capitol Connection #614
Albany, NY – On this week's Capitol Connection, Alan Chartock talks to state Senator Stephen Saland, chair of the Senate's Education Committee. Fresh off the Legislature's second on-time budget in a row, Sen. Saland talks about the need to balance capital and administrative spending, explains the state budget's hold harmless rules and gives his opinion on the effectiveness of charter schools in New York and around the country.