Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Sat May 6, 2006
Capitol Connection #618
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to state Assemblyman Michael Gianaris of Queens' 36th Assembly District. Gianaris talks with Alan about a subject important to both of them, redistricting reform. Specifically, they discuss a bill Gianaris has sponsored that would remove the Legislature's ability to redistrict, giving it to an independent commission of retired jurists. Alan questions whether or not the Republican-dominated Senate would ever pass such a bill, and whether or not that may soon be a moot point.