Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sat May 6, 2006
Capitol Connection #618
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to state Assemblyman Michael Gianaris of Queens' 36th Assembly District. Gianaris talks with Alan about a subject important to both of them, redistricting reform. Specifically, they discuss a bill Gianaris has sponsored that would remove the Legislature's ability to redistrict, giving it to an independent commission of retired jurists. Alan questions whether or not the Republican-dominated Senate would ever pass such a bill, and whether or not that may soon be a moot point.