Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Sat September 2, 2006
Capitol Connection #635
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to Richard Mills, New York State's education commissioner. Alan asks him about a recent report from the education department that rated an additional 17 schools in the state persistently dangerous. Other educational issues in the interview include the difficulties in getting experienced teachers into troubled schools, programs to aid outside professionals with a desire to teach, and the need for greater accountability in school leadership.