Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sat November 11, 2006
Capitol Connection #645
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to Senator Michael Balboni of New York's 7th district. The Republican Balboni talks with Alan about the implications for the state of this week's statewide and national Democratic tsunami. They discuss the sources of governor-elect Eliot Spitzer's appeal, the need for focus in Spitzer's agenda, and the possibility of common ground between Spitzer and the Republican Senate majority, a majority that was maintained with Balboni's help. Balboni also talks about the need for the Senate Republicans as a counterbalancing force in Albany.