Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Sat November 18, 2006
Capitol Connection #646
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to Richard Iannuzzi, head of New York State United Teachers, one of the most powerful unions in the state. Iannuzzi talks about the implications of the recent elections for education in New York and shares his experiences as a fourth-grade teacher in Central Islip, Long Island. Alan quizzes Dick about everything from the union's recent settlement with the attorney general's office, new directions for school funding and charter schools in this revealing interview.