Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Sat November 25, 2006
Capitol Connection #647
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to the new Senate Minority Leader, Malcolm Smith of Queens' 14th district. Smith discusses what the role of the Legislature will be on day one, his personal relationships with lieutenant governor-elect David Paterson and Majority Leader Joe Bruno, and the reforms needed to fix Albany's dysfunctional processes. Alan also asks him about changing pay-to-play, cutting property taxes and opportunities in 2008.