Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Sat December 2, 2006
Capitol Connection #648
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to David Sandman, executive director of the Commission on Healthcare Facilities in the 21st Century, which just released its report on hospital closings and mergers. Sandman discusses the process used in determining which hospitals were chosen and the apolitical nature of the commission. He also talks about the other reforms suggested by the report, which go beyond simply closing hospitals to save money.