Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sat December 2, 2006
Capitol Connection #648
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to David Sandman, executive director of the Commission on Healthcare Facilities in the 21st Century, which just released its report on hospital closings and mergers. Sandman discusses the process used in determining which hospitals were chosen and the apolitical nature of the commission. He also talks about the other reforms suggested by the report, which go beyond simply closing hospitals to save money.