Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Sat December 9, 2006
Capitol Connection #649
Albany, NY – Alan Chartock talks to George Marlin, former head of the Port Authority under the Pataki administration and a longtime activist in the state Conservative Party. Marlin talks to Alan about his new book "Squandered Opportunities: New York's Pataki Years," in which he charges the outgoing governor with betraying conservative principles in a misguided attempt to be all things to all people. Along the way, Marlin shares his first hand account of the early Pataki years and his opinion on what changed within the administration.