Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
Sat January 20, 2007
Capitol Connection #703
Albany, NY – This week, Alan Chartock talks with Joe Mahoney of the New York Daily News about the current political climate in New York. The discussion covers efforts by Governor Eliot Spitzer to reform the budget process, cut taxes and toughen campaign finance laws. They also talk about the ongoing investigation of senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno, the search for a new state comptroller, and the special election in Long Island which could bring Democrats within two votes of controlling the New York Assembly.