Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri November 30, 2007
The Capitol Connection #748
Albany, NY – Host Alan Chartock is joined by New York State Senate Minority Leader, Malcolm Smith. New York is facing a more than $4 billion dollar budget deficit in the next fiscal year. Senator Smith talks about a plan by Senate Democrats to reduce state spending while protecting education, healthcare and transportation. They'll also talk about the possibility of Democrats winning a majority in the state senate in the next election and what it would mean for New York.