Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Around the Nation
Fri July 6, 2012
Car Hits Cross-Country Runner But She Keeps Going
Originally published on Mon July 30, 2012 9:05 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
It is definitely wrong to hit and run, but it's a little impressive that a high school student was hit and kept running. Anaheim, California police say a high school cross country team was running when a turning car whacked one of the runners. The young woman was apparently determined, because she got backed up and ran away. The driver called after her to stop, stayed where he was and called police. The runner was eventually treated and suffered only minor injuries.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.