Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Around the Nation
Fri July 6, 2012
Car Hits Cross-Country Runner But She Keeps Going
Originally published on Mon July 30, 2012 9:05 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep.
It is definitely wrong to hit and run, but it's a little impressive that a high school student was hit and kept running. Anaheim, California police say a high school cross country team was running when a turning car whacked one of the runners. The young woman was apparently determined, because she got backed up and ran away. The driver called after her to stop, stayed where he was and called police. The runner was eventually treated and suffered only minor injuries.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.