Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu April 1, 2004
Car Loan Rates Across Racial Lines
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer says an Albany car dealership has agreed to a new system to guarantee that
customers pay the same loan rates, regardless of race. The Attorney General says financing disparities have been found among auto dealers and he hopes the agreement with Armory Nissan in Albany will lead other dealerships across New York State to follow suit. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.