Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Thu April 1, 2004
Car Loan Rates Across Racial Lines
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer says an Albany car dealership has agreed to a new system to guarantee that
customers pay the same loan rates, regardless of race. The Attorney General says financing disparities have been found among auto dealers and he hopes the agreement with Armory Nissan in Albany will lead other dealerships across New York State to follow suit. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.