Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Mon January 28, 2013
The Carle Museum's 10th Anniversary
It is the Carle Museum's tenth anniversary, and they are celebrating with some very special exhibitions, including the first major exhibition from their permanent collection (100 pieces reflecting 100 years of picture book history) and an exhibition of many illustrations from the classic, Charlotte's Web.
The sale of the Charlotte’s Web drawings last October caused quite a stir. Everyone connected with the world of children’s book art was thrilled by the strong prices. Thus, to celebrate their purchase, Garth Williams’s 100th birthday, the 60th anniversary of Charlotte’s Web, and the Museum’s 10th year, the Carle is assembling the exhibition, Some Book! Some Art!: Selected Drawings by Garth Williams for Charlotte’s Web, which comprises of approximately 30 finished drawings.
We welcome the Carle Museum’s chief curator, Nick Clark, to Studio A to tell us about bringing this all together. And joining us on the phone, we welcome Tony DiTerlizzi, an amazing fantasy artist, children's book creator, and motion picture producer with close ties to the Carle…and spiders.