Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Fri May 10, 2013
Carol Gilligan at the Rowe Center
When Carol Gilligan published her 1982 groundbreaking book In a Different Voice, enormous attention was directed to her conclusion: men and women silence parts of themselves to remain true to their gender. Many failed to notice her pioneering techniques of listening.
The "aha" moment had occurred when a woman asked, "Do you want to know what I think – or what I really think?" Carol wondered, “How do people come to think in ways different from how they really think? What voices do people keep silent? How can I hear what is hidden?”
Carol Gilligan joins us to discuss her upcoming program - "Deep Listening: How to Hear the Voices that People Often Keep Silent" taking place May 17–19th at the Rowe Camp and Conference Center in Rowe, MA.