Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Mon September 10, 2012
Casino Developer Signs Union Only Work Agreement
Ameristar Casinos has signed an agreement to use union construction workers on the resort casino it hopes to build in Springfield Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The agreement between the casino company and the Pioneer Valley Building Trades Council and Carpenters Union Local 108 ensures that union tradesman would build the hotel, entertainment and gambling complex, if Ameristar gets the sole license available in western Massachusetts. Frank Callahan, president of the Massachusetts Building Trades Council says union only work agreements are being sought with all potential casino developers
Mohegan Sun has signed an agreement to use union construction workers for the casino it hopes to build in Palmer.