Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Thu November 29, 2012
Casino Developers To Make Public Presentations In Springfield
The three companies competing to build a resort casino in Springfield Massachusetts will each make a presentation at a public forum next month. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
The city is hosting the casino forum on Tuesday evening , December 11th at the CityStage theater as part of the competitive selection process. Representatives from Ameristar, MGM, and PennNational , will each have 30 minutes to explain their proposals. There will be a question and answer session with the audience. The theater seats 400. The city is looking into streaming it live and will record it for playback on the local public access cable channel. The forum comes just three weeks before each of the companies is required to file detailed plans of the projects for city officials to review.