Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Thu November 29, 2012
Casino Developers To Make Public Presentations In Springfield
The three companies competing to build a resort casino in Springfield Massachusetts will each make a presentation at a public forum next month. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
The city is hosting the casino forum on Tuesday evening , December 11th at the CityStage theater as part of the competitive selection process. Representatives from Ameristar, MGM, and PennNational , will each have 30 minutes to explain their proposals. There will be a question and answer session with the audience. The theater seats 400. The city is looking into streaming it live and will record it for playback on the local public access cable channel. The forum comes just three weeks before each of the companies is required to file detailed plans of the projects for city officials to review.