Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Tue January 30, 2007
Casino gambling favored for Western Mass.
By Carrie Saldo
Great Barrington, MA – HOST LEDE: Fifty-three percent of Western Massachusetts residents polled for a UMASS Dartmouth study are in favor of Casino gambling - saying it will create jobs and bring much needed revenue to state coffers. But legislators in the Berkshires say the social ills that accompany casino gambling outweigh the potential economic benefits. More now from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo;