Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
Casino Merger Canned
By Deborah Runcie
Monticello, NY – All bets are off for a merger between two famous, historic resorts in Sullivan County, New York.
Empire Resorts, Inc., the company that owns Monticello Raceway and the Mighty M racino, which is the racetrack that also offers casino gaming in the Castkills, has announced that it's terminating its contract with Concord Associates Limited Partnership.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.