Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 4, 2006
Casino Merger Canned
By Deborah Runcie
Monticello, NY – All bets are off for a merger between two famous, historic resorts in Sullivan County, New York.
Empire Resorts, Inc., the company that owns Monticello Raceway and the Mighty M racino, which is the racetrack that also offers casino gaming in the Castkills, has announced that it's terminating its contract with Concord Associates Limited Partnership.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.