Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Tue July 30, 2013
Casino Officials To Kickoff West Springfield Referendum Campaign
A campaign kickoff is planned Tuesday for another casino referendum in western Massachusetts.
Officials with Hard Rock will host a public grand opening Tuesday for the campaign headquarters for the September 10th casino referendum in West Springfield. Hard Rock is proposing an $800 million resort casino on part of the Big E fairgrounds. The project would be a financial windfall for the town under the terms of an agreement negotiated with Mayor Gregory Neffinger.
Hard Rock is one of three companies competing for the lone casino license in western Masssachusetts. MGM’s casino project in Springfield has won vote approval. A vote in Palmer on Mohegan Sun’s project has not been scheduled.