Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Mon March 11, 2013
Casino Operators Discuss Traffic Plans At Springfield Forum
Top executives from the two casino companies competing for development rights in Springfield Massachusetts gave assurances at a public forum on Monday that their projects will not cause monumental traffic problems.
MGM Resorts C-E-O Jim Murran said a traffic plan has been developed to mitigate any problems that might arise as a result of his company’s proposed $800 million casino project in the south end of downtown Springfield.
Penn National Gaming CEO Peter Carlino said his company’s north end casino would improve mass transit.
Springfield officials Tuesday begin negotiating with the two casino companies to determine which might get the nod to seek the lone gaming license in western Massachusetts.