Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Mon September 24, 2012
Casino Opponents Seek Information On City's Consultant
A political committee, formed to oppose a casino development in Springfield Massachusetts is seeking information about the city’s casino consultant. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports
An attorney who heads the group called, Citizens Against Casino Gaming filled a public records request Friday, seeking a copy of the contract and all costs pertaining to the hiring of the casino consultant. The consultant, Shefsky and Froelich of Chicago, is a registered lobbyist in Illinois for two of the casino companies that have shown an interest in Springfield. Springfield city solicitor Ed Pikula said an opinion from the state ethics commission cleared the consultant of any wrongdoing
Pikula said he’s confident the city will get unbiased advise from the consultant.