Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Mon January 7, 2013
Casino Workforce Training Agreement Signed
Officials from the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts announced a job training agreement Monday with several casino developers. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports
The agreement commits the casino operators to work with the community colleges and regional employment boards toward the goal of filling casino jobs with local people who are unemployed , or underemployed. Training sites will be established in each of the three regions of the state where a resort casino license is available. Ira Rubenzahl, president of Springfield Technical Community College, said the goal is to have the classes start at least a year before the casino’s open.
Its estimated the casino industry in Massachusetts will produce 10 , 000 jobs.