Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Tue August 28, 2012
Cat Shot With Arrow in Vermont, Makes Full Recovery
A 3-year-old black cat in Vermont that was shot in the chest with an arrow has made a full recovery.
Missy the cat was brought from Windsor to the Small Animal Veterinary Emergency Services hospital in Lebanon, N.H., the night of Aug. 14 and underwent emergency surgery.
The Eagle Times reports the arrow had entered the cat's chest and punctured a lung. It perforated several organs. Veterinarians removed it.
The cat was recently returned to her owner.
Police are investigating what happened as a deliberate act of animal cruelty.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.