Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Tue August 28, 2012
Cat Shot With Arrow in Vermont, Makes Full Recovery
A 3-year-old black cat in Vermont that was shot in the chest with an arrow has made a full recovery.
Missy the cat was brought from Windsor to the Small Animal Veterinary Emergency Services hospital in Lebanon, N.H., the night of Aug. 14 and underwent emergency surgery.
The Eagle Times reports the arrow had entered the cat's chest and punctured a lung. It perforated several organs. Veterinarians removed it.
The cat was recently returned to her owner.
Police are investigating what happened as a deliberate act of animal cruelty.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.