Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
North Country News
Mon June 17, 2013
Cause of 2 NY Border Officers' Illness a Mystery
Authorities said on Monday afternoon they still had not determined what caused six U.S. border agents to require decontamination and medical attention after inspecting a vehicle at a crossing in northern New York.
Customs and Border Protection officials say two officers were examining a 2002 BMW around 6 a.m. Saturday at the Champlain crossing when they began to feel ill. Four other officers who went to help them did not become sick.
State and local hazardous materials teams responded. Officials say all six officers were decontaminated on site, then taken to the CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh and later released.
Clinton County emergency services officials said Monday they still don't know what caused the two officers to become ill. The case is being investigated by state police, who have not released any information.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.