Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
WAMC New York News
Thu July 2, 2009
CDTA Launches "Why iRide" Video Contest
By Dave Lucas
Albany, NY – The Capital District Transportation Authority is inviting riders to make videos touting the benefits of riding the bus... Capital District Bureau Chief Dave Lucas explains...
The CDTA has launched its "Why iride" video contest and YOU are invited to submit your own video demonstrating the benefits of riding CDTA. The contest rules are fairly simple:
* Video titles must begin with the phrase "iride CDTA".
* Videos must be limited to 2 minutes in length and be suitable for all audiences.
* Contestants must upload the video to YouTube.
* Contestants must enter their video into the contest by either filling out the form or emailing the link to email@example.com along with their contact information, including name, address, telephone and email address. Videos are due by Monday, July 27, 2009.
Videos will be viewable on CDTA's You Tube site - the deadline for submissions is July 27th - The public is invited to view the videos and vote for their favorite - The winning video will be showcased at the Ballston Spa Film Festival, held August 6th, 7th and 8th - winner gets a yearsworth of free bus rides!
What, you've never heard of the Ballston Spa Film Festival? Daniel DeFabio is festival director. He co-ordinated the inaugural Ballston Spa Film Festival, which featured 28 short films and their creators from England, Canada and across the United States, with about half the filmmakers from the local region. Films were screened outdoors in Wiswall Park and at the Malta Avenue School.
Except for CDTA videos, it's too late to enter the 2009 film festival - but 2010 is wide open!
The public is invited to view the videos and cast their favorite "Why iride" video vote at CDTA's website or at youtube. Votes must be cast by Monday, August 3, 2009. In addition to film festival exposure, the winner will receive a free year's supply of CDTA 31 Day Rolling passes (Valued at $780.00) and a $200.00 Best Buy gift certificate toward a gift of their choice. Winners will be announced at the Ballston Film Festival and on the CDTA website with prizes awarded after festival ends.