Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Wed August 18, 2004
Cement Plant Officials Unveil a New Design
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – St. Lawrence Cement officials have come up with a new design for their proposed Greenport Plant in Columbia County, New York. They say the new blueprint will reduce the plant's height by more than one-hundred feet. Opponents say that a lower stack could mean an increase in air pollution. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.