Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Northeast Energy Direct Pipeline Route Moves North
New England News
Mon April 14, 2014
Ceremony To Mark Boston Marathon Bombing Anniversary
A ceremony is being held in Boston Tuesday to mark the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Vice President Joe Biden will attend the invitation-only event at the Hynes Convention Center just yards from the marathon finish line where the two bombs killed 3 people and injured more than 260. The ceremony will honor victims, survivors and first responders. Ed Davis, who was Boston Police Commissioner a year-ago said the event will also celebrate Boston’s resiliency.
" The terrorists could not have picked a worst place to try to accomplish their goals. They completely failed and they failed because of the strength of the people of the city."
Governor Deval Patrick has ordered flags in the state flown at half-staff on Tuesday..