Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Mon April 14, 2014
Ceremony To Mark Boston Marathon Bombing Anniversary
A ceremony is being held in Boston Tuesday to mark the one-year anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings.
Vice President Joe Biden will attend the invitation-only event at the Hynes Convention Center just yards from the marathon finish line where the two bombs killed 3 people and injured more than 260. The ceremony will honor victims, survivors and first responders. Ed Davis, who was Boston Police Commissioner a year-ago said the event will also celebrate Boston’s resiliency.
" The terrorists could not have picked a worst place to try to accomplish their goals. They completely failed and they failed because of the strength of the people of the city."
Governor Deval Patrick has ordered flags in the state flown at half-staff on Tuesday..