Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Thu May 6, 2004
Charter School Moratorium Angers Parents
By Kelly Wilkinson
North Adams, MA – Yesterday, Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney pledged to veto any moratorium on charter schools. That comes in response to a House-approved amendment that would prevent the Berkshire Arts and Technology School from opening this fall. Last night, parents of students who are enrolled at the school met with school officials and expressed their frustration. Our Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has this story.