Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Sat May 4, 2013
Chartock: Senate Race In Mass To Be Close
This week saw the end of the Massachusetts special Senate election primaries, with Congressman Ed Markey claiming the Democratic nod to face Republican Gabriel Gomez, who won a three-way race. The two will face off at the ballot box on June 25 and have wasted no time trading criticism. Political observer Dr. Alan Chartock says polling, which showed Markey ahead just 44 to 40 in the early going, predicts a close race.