Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed October 1, 2003
Childhood Obesity Bill Awaits Gov's Signature
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – A bill to address childhood obesity by implementing prevention programs across New York State awaits Governor Pataki's signature. Health advocates say the state needs to begin such programs now in order to address a state and nationwide epidemic. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.