Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Wed November 7, 2012
Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman by Aida Donald
When Harry S. Truman left the White House in 1953, his reputation was in ruins. In Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman, Aida Donald shows that, for all his failings, Truman deserves recognition as the principal architect of the American postwar world.
Aida D. Donald is the author of Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt. She holds a Ph.D. in American history and has taught at Columbia University. Formerly she was editor-in-chief of Harvard University Press.