Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed November 7, 2012
Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman by Aida Donald
When Harry S. Truman left the White House in 1953, his reputation was in ruins. In Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman, Aida Donald shows that, for all his failings, Truman deserves recognition as the principal architect of the American postwar world.
Aida D. Donald is the author of Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt. She holds a Ph.D. in American history and has taught at Columbia University. Formerly she was editor-in-chief of Harvard University Press.