Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
Wed November 7, 2012
Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman by Aida Donald
When Harry S. Truman left the White House in 1953, his reputation was in ruins. In Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman, Aida Donald shows that, for all his failings, Truman deserves recognition as the principal architect of the American postwar world.
Aida D. Donald is the author of Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt. She holds a Ph.D. in American history and has taught at Columbia University. Formerly she was editor-in-chief of Harvard University Press.