Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Wed November 7, 2012
Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman by Aida Donald
When Harry S. Truman left the White House in 1953, his reputation was in ruins. In Citizen Soldier: A Life of Harry S. Truman, Aida Donald shows that, for all his failings, Truman deserves recognition as the principal architect of the American postwar world.
Aida D. Donald is the author of Lion in the White House: A Life of Theodore Roosevelt. She holds a Ph.D. in American history and has taught at Columbia University. Formerly she was editor-in-chief of Harvard University Press.