Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Mon February 7, 2005
City may Mandate Carbon Monoxide Detectors
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Burlington, Vermont City Council will consider a resolution tonight that would mandate carbon monoxide detectors in most homes. The move is a reaction to an incident just over a week ago at an apartment complex near the University of Vermont where one person died, 9 others were injured or sickened, and forced a week-long evacuation of over two hundred tenants. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has this report.