Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Mon February 7, 2005
City may Mandate Carbon Monoxide Detectors
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – The Burlington, Vermont City Council will consider a resolution tonight that would mandate carbon monoxide detectors in most homes. The move is a reaction to an incident just over a week ago at an apartment complex near the University of Vermont where one person died, 9 others were injured or sickened, and forced a week-long evacuation of over two hundred tenants. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has this report.