Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 21, 2004
City Returns to Issue of Liquor Licenses
By Kelly Wilkinson
Pittsfield, MA – Pittsfield Massachusetts is hoping to go the way of some other Berkshire County communities and attract more people to its downtown with shops and restaurants. To do that, some city council members think the city needs to offer more liquor licenses, which would bring more cafes and restaurants into town. But local politicians have gone down that path before, without making significant change. More from WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson.