Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue January 10, 2006
City Struggles With Annual Budget
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – A budget crunch in Plattsburgh is forcing sharp increases in property taxes and parking fines, as well as some cutbacks in city services and programs. City councilors held an open work session Monday evening as they completed their review of the proposed '06 budget. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.