Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon July 16, 2012
Citzens United Resolution Before City Council
The City Council in Springfield Massachusetts, Monday, is expected to join the call to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn a controversial Supreme Court decision on campaign financing. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The Springfield City Council is poised to join elected representatives in more than 60 Massachusetts communities in urging a constitutional amendment addressing the Citizens United decision. A resolution before the council at its Monday meeting, calls on the Massachusetts Legisalture to pass a pending resolution that calls on Congress to send the proposed amendment to the state’s for ratification. The Citizens United ruling allowed corporations to put unlimited money into political campaigns and gave rise to the so-called Super Pacs.