Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Mon July 16, 2012
Citzens United Resolution Before City Council
The City Council in Springfield Massachusetts, Monday, is expected to join the call to pass a constitutional amendment to overturn a controversial Supreme Court decision on campaign financing. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The Springfield City Council is poised to join elected representatives in more than 60 Massachusetts communities in urging a constitutional amendment addressing the Citizens United decision. A resolution before the council at its Monday meeting, calls on the Massachusetts Legisalture to pass a pending resolution that calls on Congress to send the proposed amendment to the state’s for ratification. The Citizens United ruling allowed corporations to put unlimited money into political campaigns and gave rise to the so-called Super Pacs.