Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu February 5, 2004
Civil Unions Not Good Enough in Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts highest court cleared the way yesterday for same sex marriages to take place in May. But the hotly-debated issue is far from resolved. It now moves to lawmakers, who will debate whether to amend the state's constitution in a way that bans gay marriage. The question is whether the court ruling should be allowed to stand or whether Massachusetts voters should have the option to change the state's constitution. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.