Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Thu February 5, 2004
Civil Unions Not Good Enough in Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts highest court cleared the way yesterday for same sex marriages to take place in May. But the hotly-debated issue is far from resolved. It now moves to lawmakers, who will debate whether to amend the state's constitution in a way that bans gay marriage. The question is whether the court ruling should be allowed to stand or whether Massachusetts voters should have the option to change the state's constitution. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.