Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu February 5, 2004
Civil Unions Not Good Enough in Massachusetts
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Massachusetts highest court cleared the way yesterday for same sex marriages to take place in May. But the hotly-debated issue is far from resolved. It now moves to lawmakers, who will debate whether to amend the state's constitution in a way that bans gay marriage. The question is whether the court ruling should be allowed to stand or whether Massachusetts voters should have the option to change the state's constitution. More from WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson.