Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New York News
Wed October 16, 2013
Civilian Workers Picket At West Point Gate
WEST POINT – Civilian employees at West Point who have been furloughed because of the federal government shutdown, gathered outside Thayer Gate on Tuesday to call for an end to the “irresponsibility displayed by Republicans in Congress.”
Donald Hale, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 2367, called for an end to the gridlock in Washington.
“We are hardworking Americans” Hale he told fellow union members gathered in Highland Falls. “We have taken an oath, we do our job and we just want to get paid. This wasn’t created by us. It wasn’t created by working families of America. It was created by a bunch of hard-headed egotistical individuals in Congress that don’t give a damn about our country and don’t give a damn about our children.”
The West Point workers were joined in their latest protest rally by members of the Hudson Valley Area Labor Federation.