Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
New York News
Wed October 16, 2013
Civilian Workers Picket At West Point Gate
WEST POINT – Civilian employees at West Point who have been furloughed because of the federal government shutdown, gathered outside Thayer Gate on Tuesday to call for an end to the “irresponsibility displayed by Republicans in Congress.”
Donald Hale, president of the American Federation of Government Employees Local 2367, called for an end to the gridlock in Washington.
“We are hardworking Americans” Hale he told fellow union members gathered in Highland Falls. “We have taken an oath, we do our job and we just want to get paid. This wasn’t created by us. It wasn’t created by working families of America. It was created by a bunch of hard-headed egotistical individuals in Congress that don’t give a damn about our country and don’t give a damn about our children.”
The West Point workers were joined in their latest protest rally by members of the Hudson Valley Area Labor Federation.