Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu June 2, 2005
Clergy Attending Training Sessions
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – In 2003, the Vermont Legislature added clergy to the list of people required by law to report suspected incidences of child abuse and neglect. The Vermont Department for Children and Families is currently holding training sessions so that clergy can learn about reporting requirements and discuss any challenges they face when reporting suspected abuse.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.