Most Active Stories
- MA And CT Declare State Of Emergency, Issues Travel Bans As Winter Blast Nears
- New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Arrested On Corruption Charges
- NYS Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver Charged in Corruption Scheme
- Wrinkles In Schenectady Casino Planning
- International Paper Employee Dies From Injuries
WAMC New York News
Thu June 2, 2005
Clergy Attending Training Sessions
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – In 2003, the Vermont Legislature added clergy to the list of people required by law to report suspected incidences of child abuse and neglect. The Vermont Department for Children and Families is currently holding training sessions so that clergy can learn about reporting requirements and discuss any challenges they face when reporting suspected abuse.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.