Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Fri September 27, 2013
Climate Change Conference Aims For Action Plan
People from diverse backgrounds are meeting in Springfield, Massachusetts Saturday for a conference on climate change.
The free conference at Trinity United Methodist Church is organized by Climate Action Now, Arise For Social Justice, and the NAACP. Bringing together environmental, anti-poverty, and civil rights activists underscores the wide-ranging impact of climate change, according to Michaelann Bewsee of Arise For Social Justice.
Conference workshops will look at the impact of climate change on food supply and price, public health and transportation.
Recommendations from the conference will be used to develop a climate action plan for Springfield.