Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu July 10, 2003
Clinton Pushes For AmeriCorps Funding
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – What is being called "a accounting mix-up" could mean big cutbacks in the AmeriCorps program, which provides volunteers money for college in exchange for public service work. NY Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton says an immediate 100-million dollar infusion is needed if the program is to survive. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.