Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 1, 2005
Coast Guard Investigating 'Hoax'
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Federal officials are investigating what the Coast Guard says was a fake distress call earlier this week that claimed a boat with children on board was taking on water in Lake Champlain. The call forced emergency responders to divert some rescue services away from a fatal boating accident that had actually occurred on the lake. The Coast Guard has released the tape of the prank distress call in hopes that someone will recognize the voice.WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.