Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Fri July 1, 2005
Coast Guard Investigating 'Hoax'
By Pat Bradley
Burlington, VT – Federal officials are investigating what the Coast Guard says was a fake distress call earlier this week that claimed a boat with children on board was taking on water in Lake Champlain. The call forced emergency responders to divert some rescue services away from a fatal boating accident that had actually occurred on the lake. The Coast Guard has released the tape of the prank distress call in hopes that someone will recognize the voice.WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.