Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Thu October 24, 2013
College Expands Training For Jobs In Manufacturing
Massachusetts is looking to train thousands of people for manufacturing jobs.
The Massachusetts Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki on Thursday toured the Mechanical Engineering Technology classrooms at Springfield Technical Community College. The state gave the college $1.2 million to help rehabilitate and expand the facilities to double its enrollment in the program to 103 students this semester.
A study found Massachusetts will need 100,000 people trained in precision manufacturing over the next decade just to remain at current levels of output.