Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Thu October 24, 2013
College Expands Training For Jobs In Manufacturing
Massachusetts is looking to train thousands of people for manufacturing jobs.
The Massachusetts Economic Development Secretary Greg Bialecki on Thursday toured the Mechanical Engineering Technology classrooms at Springfield Technical Community College. The state gave the college $1.2 million to help rehabilitate and expand the facilities to double its enrollment in the program to 103 students this semester.
A study found Massachusetts will need 100,000 people trained in precision manufacturing over the next decade just to remain at current levels of output.